Saturday, January 25, 2014

Crafting to Avoid Going Stir Crazy

Alright everyone, I think we need a little help in the Winter-Funk-Getting-Rid-Of department.




Anyone else feeling blah, tired, bored, or restless this winter? Have you forgotten what grass looks like in the blanket of white powder covering everything? Do you long for warmth and sunshine?

Well, I can't promise to deliver the sun to your house. I can't even promise any of us will see green stuff for a long time yet. But I can invite you to join me in what usually helps me to beat the Winter Blues.

Making things!  i.e.: crafting, sewing, crocheting, knitting, embroidering, etc.

Me, I'm partial to my sewing machine. It's been my constant companion through winters starting with that first winter in Minnesota....ie, the COLDEST PLACE ON EARTH. I love my sewing machine!

Here's the deal. I'm going to post a Link-up thingy here for the next few weeks and you guys can post about any project you're undertaking this winter to keep from going stir crazy. It can be sewing, crocheting, some household DIY thing, a smaller craft, whatever you like to create!

I'm just starting a few projects so there's no rush. You don't need to already have a project underway to participate. Just do something crafty sometime in the next month!

The rules:

1. Make sure you link to your actual post, not your blog url.

2. Link back here in your post - that way people can find other fun crafty ideas for the winter

3. If you'd like, I'd love for you to comment back here about your crafts and each other's crafts! Or if you can't come up with a craft post here and everyone can help you out with ideas!







3 comments:

  1. I wish I could participate, but I'm doing baby-not-crafts for the next couple of months!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this! I've been working on a few crafts lately too (after not crafting for almost a year!) so I will pull together a post and link it up soon. Glad I found your blog on the Catholic Homeschool facebook page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrea, welcome! I can't wait to see what you've been working on!

    ReplyDelete